Financial Aid at Our Private School in Haverford
Affording our Elementary School in Philadelphia
Friends School Haverford is proud of its history as a transformational school and works to make an FSH education within reach for families wishing to join our Friends community. We know this can be a challenging process. Please contact Director of Enrollment Management Sarai Nieves with questions. We're here to help!
FSH offers financial aid for students entering Pre-kindergarten–Grade 5. Friends School Haverford uses School and Student Services (SSS) by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) to calculate a family’s need for financial aid. The SSS need-analysis along with a family’s federal tax returns, W-2, and pay stubs are reviewed by the FSH Financial Aid Committee. If families wish to share additional information, please email Sarai Nieves.
Financial aid applications are available to current families in December, and to new families as they apply. Once a complete application has been received, the FSH Financial Aid Committee will meet to decide how much aid the school is able to give. Please note that all financial aid is based on need, the number of financial aid requests in each grade, and total available financial aid. No financial aid is available for the nursery and preschool currently. Strict confidentiality is maintained during the financial aid process.
- Both parents are expected to contribute to tuition regardless of whether they live in separate households.
- In the case of divorce, separation, or unmarried parents, Friends School Haverford
requires both parents to submit their financial information.
Complete the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) online as soon as possible.
- Access the SSS by NAIS online website here: Financial aid and tuition. Click on the family portal located under the financial aid heading.
- Be sure to ask for a Family Report (9000).
- NEW Upload all financial documents including 2022 W-2s, 2021 Federal Income Tax Returns to the SSS online portal, final 2022 pay stub(s), and other proof of income to the SSS online portal.
- Be sure to complete ALL sections of the form to prevent a delay in processing.
|January 7||PFS, 2021 1040 and all supporting schedules, 2021 W2, 2022 final pay stub|
|January 30||2022 W2|
|March 15||2022 1040 and all supporting schedules|